Our project is one node in a network of related projects:
- CauseHealth: Causation, Complexity and Evidence in Health Sciences
- Evaluating Evidence in Medicine
- Grading Evidence of Mechanisms in Physics and Biology
- Making Scientific Inferences More Objective
Members of the Focus Group
Jeffrey Aronson, Laurenzo Casini, Brendan Clarke, Vincenzo Crupi, Sebastian Lutz, Federica Russo, Glenn Shafer, Jan Sprenger, David Teira and Jon Williamson.
- Glenn Shafer (Rutgers Business School), March-April 2016
- Erik P. Nyberg (Monash), May 2017
- Tommaso Flaminio (SNS Pisa), June 2017
Media Snippets, Videos, Links
- June 2016: The Reasoner publishes Barbara Osimani’s editorial and her interview with Glenn Shafer following his visit to the MCMP. In this interview Glenn Shafer talks about his approach to probabilities and evidence.
- Barbara Osimani was interviewed by the German newspaper: Pharmazeutische Zeitung. In her interview in Issue 17/2016 she explains the aims of the project and reports on current work.
- Barbara Osimani gave an interview to LMU’s Forschungsmagazin Einsichten. She talks about challenges in assessing potential adverse drug reactions. The interview was published on 09.03.2016.
- Find Roland Poellinger’s curated video collection “Causes and Effects” (with contributions by Michael Strevens, Mathias Frisch, Wolfgang Spohn et al.) online here.
- Roland Poellinger: Variable Entanglement in Bayes Net Causal Models. Poster presented at the conference on Conditional Independence Structures and Extremes (2016), Chair of Mathematical Statistics, Technical University of Munich (TUM), October 2016. (Download poster as PDF and find the longer introduction to reasoning in extended Bayes net causal models here)